Wednesday, February 6, 2013

CCR Refinishing



Just wanted to do a review of CCR's CPII electroless nickel boron refininshing process as a lot of folks are buying used guns these days due to market shortages of new models....

Pros:
-Durable finish.  It performs well in salt bath tests and shows wear less than any finish I can think of.
-Affordable.  I think the normal price for a slide is around $100 but they have sales from time to time for $75
-Decent turn around time.  I have several guns done in this finish and they generally come back within 3-5 weeks.
-Looks great.  The finish is even and has a matte silver look to it in person.
-Easy to clean.  Carbon wipes right off.


Cons:
-Not really any I can think of other than the fact that shipping can be expensive if you want to send a complete gun in due to federal laws and UPS/FedEx pricing.

Here's a video showing a couple guns I've had done in action:

2 comments:

  1. It's offensively easy to seek out any matter on web as compared to books, as I found this text at this website.
    glock-doc.com

    ReplyDelete