Sunday, June 16, 2013

Recalled Caracal F Update

As most of you know, in 2012 Caracal announced that most (if not all) of the Caracal C & F pistols in the US were subject to a  recall due to the possibility that a round may discharge if the pistol was dropped.

So, I requested a replacement about 7 months ago and got a call about a month ago that my replacement  F was in and Caracal sent me a FedEx pre-paid shipping label to send my gun in for replacement.  Less than a week later  I had my new F in my hands.  

Pros:
-Free magazine, shirt, hat, & pen.
-Free installation of a front fiber optic front sight (had to pay for the part though)
-Included a 15% discount coupon off my next Caracal purchase
-Still has a great trigger (more on this in the video below)
-Quick turnaround once I sent it in.

Cons:
-Took a while for the replacement gun to get into the country; still waiting on my replacement C model

Here's the video with some shooting with the new gun, a discussion of the differences between the old and new one, and my overall thoughts of the process:


1 comment:

  1. Your blogs and accretion attracts me to come back once more on your site.
    source

    ReplyDelete